Citizens Advice

Adviceguide is published by the national advice charity Citizens Advice.

Useful information from the national UK government about private renting.


A national charity that works to alleviate the distress caused by homelessness and bad housing.

Pennine Housing (also known as Together Housing)

Link to Calderdale’s largest registered social landlord

Calderdale Council

Information from the local council answering housing queries.

Let’s Help You

Property listings for West Yorkshire that compares rents to the local housing allowance

Citizens Advice Calderdale

Advice and information for problems as a tenant. Speak to an advisor face to face, over the phone or by e-mail.
Open Monday – Friday call: 01422 842848 local call rates apply

Need help with housing costs?

Includes how to claim and your entitlement to housing benefit from Calderdale Council

Read more

Are you struggling to pay your rent?

Link to Calderdale Council who offer short term support to eligible households facing rent shortfall, help with moving costs and deposits

Read more

I want information about dealing with rent arrears

You’ll need help right away if you are unable to pay your rent. Correspondence and/or letters regarding rent arrears should never be ignored.

Read more