Domestic violence

Home / Advice & Support / Family / Domestic violence

In an emergency call 999

National Domestic Violence Helpline  0808 200 0247

This is a Freephone 24 hour helpline which provides advice and support to women and can refer them to emergency accommodation.
The service is run in partnership between Refuge and Women’s Aid.
There are translation facilities if your first language is not English.The Helpline also offers BT TypeTalk for callers with hearing difficulties.
The Helpline worker contacts the TypeTalk operator enabling the caller to communicate via them.

A confidential helpline for all men experiencing domestic violence by a current or ex-partner.
This includes all men, in heterosexual or same-sex relationships.
They provide emotional support and practical advice, and can provide details of specialist services that advise on legal, housing, childcontact, mental health and other issues.

open Monday to Friday, 10am–1pm and 2pm–5pm

Immigration and Asylum Law Advice Line (Rights of Women)

This is a free, confidential helpline for women who need legal advice about claiming asylum, trafficking, domestic violence and immigration law, and have no support from public funds. Tel: 020 7490 7689 (TEXTPHONE 020 7490 2562)


support for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people experiencing domestic violence.
08452 60 44 60


National helpline for men wanting to change 0808 8024040

In an emergency call 999

Emergency Out of Hours Team

Calderdale Staying Safe

Victim Support West Yorkshire

Calderdale Police Safeguarding Team (office hours) 01422 337041

Calderdale Womens Refuge

You can refer yourself call 0845 1551485.

Please note this is not a 24 hour access service,in an emergency please call the police on 999


The West Yorkshire Domestic Abuse Perpetrator Service

Domestic Violence Perpetrator Programme

This programme can help men stop their violent behaviour, develop safe, positive parenting and understand the impact of domestic violence on their partner and children

Domestic Violence and Abuse advice and information

Citizens Advice

Useful information from national advice charity,  Citizens Advice.


A national charity for women and children experiencing domestic violence.

Advice Now

This website brings together the best information and ‘quick guides’ available on the web.

Women’s Aid

A national charity working to end domestic violence against women and children.

Leaving Domestic Abuse

If someone has abused you and you don’t feel safe in your home, you should plan to leave if possible. Put your safety first.

Read More

I want information about benefits

This could include information about entitlements, what you can claim and fact sheets

Read More

New arrivals - people fleeing domestic violence

If you have arrived in the UK to join a partner who is settled here, but have to leave your home because you fear or have experienced violence from your partner

Read More

Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (ISVA) Service

offer practical and emotional support to anyone who has been raped or sexually assaulted, recently or in the past

Read More

Housing support

Read More

Support for Lesbian, Gay and Transgender People

Broken Rainbow

0300 999 5428 / 08452 60 44