Housing Benefit

Home / Advice & Support / Benefits / Housing Benefit

Calderdale Council

Find out how much help you can get to pay your rent and/or Council Tax.

Citizens Advice Calderdale

Welfare benefit advice and information. Speak to an advisor face to face, over the phone or by e-mail.
Open Monday – Friday call: 01422 842848 local call rates apply

Age UK Calderdale and Kirklees

Services and support for people aged 50+ and their carers living in Calderdale or Kirklees.

Citizens Advice

Free and impartial information from Citizens Advice


Information and advice for single parent families. Includes advice on benefits for teenage parents

Gov.uk – Benefits

Useful information from the national UK government.

Age UK

Age UK is a national charity provide free information and advice to help you on topics as diverse as claiming benefits to care homes.

Help on a low income

Find out what help you can get if you are on a low income.

Read more

I want help with my rent

Information from Citizens Advice about Housing Benefit

Read more

Are you struggling to pay your rent?

You maybe able to apply to Calferdale Council for a Discretionary Housing Payment to help with shortfalls in your rent

Read more

Information about welfare benefits

This could include information about entitlements, what you can claim and fact sheets.

Read more

Local Welfare Assistance

If you are in immediate need, which will mean serious damage to the health and safety of your family.

Read more

Help to challenge a benefit decision

This could include appeals.

Read more