Benefits General Issues

Home / Advice & Support / Benefits / Benefits General Issues

Citizens Advice Calderdale

Welfare benefit advice and information. Speak to an advisor face to face, over the phone or by e-mail.

Open Monday – Friday call: 01422 842848 local call rates apply

Calderdale Council

Information and claim forms from Calderdale Council

Age UK Calderdale and Kirklees

Services and support for people aged 50+ and their carers living in Calderdale or Kirklees.

Brunswick Centre

Welfare benefits advice in Calderdale for  HIV positive people or anyone caring for someone living with HIV.

Calderdale DART (Disability Advice Resource Team)

Providing advice and information on a range of issues including welfare benefits.

 SSAFA the armed forces charity

SSAFA provides lifelong support to anyone who is currently serving or has ever served in the Royal Navy, British Army or Royal Air Force.

The Royal British Legion

The RBL offers practical support to serving men and women, veterans (ex-Service of all ages) and their families.Get in touch for advice, information and guidance.

Citizens Advice

Free and impartial information from Citizens Advice.


Information and advice for single parent families, including advice on benefits for teenage parents. – Benefits

Useful information from the national UK government.


Useful tax information from the national UK government.

Pensions Advisory Service

Free and impartial advice to people with workplace and personal pensions.

Disability Rights UK

Information from a national advice charity about benefits and other rights for disabled people.

Age UK

Age UK is a national charity providing free information and advice on topics as diverse as claiming benefits to care homes for the over 50’s.

Revenue & Benefits

Information on the range of HMRC ‘products’ including tax credits, child benefit and guardian’s allowance, national minimum wage and tax-free childcare …. as well as information and guidance on the transition from tax credits to universal credit.

I want to claim Housing Benefit

Linking to Calderdale Councils online claim form for Housing Benefit

Read more

I want help with my rent

Information from Citizens Advice about Housing Benefit

Read more

I want information about Tax Credits

This could include benefits and tax credit information including child and working tax credits.

Read more

I want to challenge a benefit decision

Read more